The Certificate in Youth and Theology is an eight-month, fully digital, cohort-based program where you gain expertise from Princeton Theological Seminary faculty and leaders, in addition to our extensive network of scholars and practitioners.
Our curriculum includes readings, case studies, and interdisciplinary instruction to help you think theologically about youth ministry. Join the network of over 600 youth workers from around the world who have formed lifelong friendships and experienced life-changing learning through this one-of-a-kind certificate program.
- A cohort emphasizing peer-to-peer learning and vocational friendship.
- Two digital leadership summits led by the Institute for Youth Ministry staff and alumni scholars.
- Four online courses designed by the IYM in partnership with faculty members of Princeton Seminary.
- A contextual and practical final project.
- Regular digital check-ins with cohort, the IYM staff, and course instructors.
Program Timeline 2021-2022
- September 8: Opening Summit.
- October: Course One.
- November: Course Two.
- December: Cohort Fellowship Gathering (Optional).
- January: Course Three.
- February: Course Four.
- March: Project Deliverables.
- April: Closing Summit.
Cost and Payment Plans
The current cost of this eight-month Certificate in Youth and Theology program is $1,200.
Two payment options are available:
Payment Option One:
- Pay in full with registration and receive $200 off.
- Total $1,000 due with initial registration.
Payment Option Two:
- Three payments distributed over eight months:
- $400 due with initial registration upon acceptance.
- $400 due October 15.
- $400 due January 15.
The IYM is now accepting applications for the September 2021-April 2022 program on a rolling basis until the next cohort fills or until August 1 (whichever is first). We will respond to your application within 1-2 weeks after receipt.
Ready to Get Started?
Take the first step in re-building a missional and justice-oriented Church with the IYM.