The Certificate in Youth and Theology is an eight-month, fully digital, cohort-based program where you gain expertise from Princeton Theological Seminary faculty and leaders, in addition to our extensive network of scholars and practitioners.
Our curriculum includes readings, case studies, and interdisciplinary instruction to help you think theologically about youth ministry. Join the network of over 600 youth workers from around the world who have formed lifelong friendships and experienced life-changing learning through this one-of-a-kind certificate program.
- A cohort emphasizing peer-to-peer learning and vocational friendship.
- Two digital leadership summits led by the Institute for Youth Ministry staff and alumni scholars.
- Four online courses designed by the IYM in partnership with faculty members of Princeton Seminary.
- Regular digital check-ins with cohort, the IYM staff, and course instructors.
Program Timeline 2021-2022
- September 29, 2021—Opening Summit
- October 4-29, 2021—Course One: Biblical Foundations for Youth Ministry
- November 1-26, 2021—Course Two: Theological Questions in Youth Ministry
- December 2021—Cohort Online Fellowship Gathering (Optional)
- January 3-28, 2022—Course Three: Worship & The Christian Life
- January 31-February 25, 2022—Course Four: Youth Pastor as Person
- April 2022—Closing Summit
Program Cost and Application
The IYM is now accepting applications for the September 2021-April 2022 cohort on a rolling basis until the program fills or until September 20, 2021 (whichever is first). We will respond to your application within 1-2 weeks after receipt.
Ready to Get Started?
Take the first step in re-building a missional and justice-oriented Church with the IYM.