The Certificate in Youth and Theology is an eight-month, fully digital, cohort-based program where you gain expertise from Princeton Theological Seminary faculty and leaders, in addition to our extensive network of scholars and practitioners.
Our curriculum includes videos, readings, discussions, and contextual assignments to help you think theologically about youth ministry. Join the network of over 650 youth workers from around the world who have formed lifelong friendships and experienced life-changing learning through this one-of-a-kind certificate program.
- A cohort emphasizing peer-to-peer learning and vocational friendship.
- Two digital leadership summits led by the Institute for Youth Ministry staff and alumni scholars.
- Four online courses designed by the IYM in partnership with faculty members of Princeton Seminary and other leading scholars of youth ministry.
- Regular online gatherings with cohort members and the IYM staff.
Program Timeline for 2023 Cohort
- February 22, 2023—Opening Summit
- February – March 2023—Course One: Biblical Foundations for Youth Ministry, with Rev. Dr. Lindsey Trozzo Jodrey and Rev. Dr. Eric Barreto
- March 29, 2023—Cohort Online Fellowship Gathering (Optional)
- April 2023—Course Two: Theological Questions in Youth Ministry, with Rev. Dr. Kenda Creasy Dean and Dr. Andrew Root
- May 2023—Midterm Break, with Cohort Online Fellowship Gathering on May 17 (Optional).
- June 2023—Course Three: Worship & The Christian Life, with Rev. Dr. Kenda Creasy Dean and Marcus Hong
- July 5, 2023—Cohort Online Fellowship Zoom Gathering (Optional)
- July – August 2023—Course Four: Youth Pastor as Person, with Rev. Dr. Katherine Douglass and Rev. Dr. Lakisha Lockhart
- Remaining August 2023—Final Break, with Cohort Online Fellowship Gathering on August 9 (Optional).
- August 30, 2023—Closing Summit
Program Cost and Application
Applications are now open! Apply by February 17, for the 2023 cohort launching on February 22! Click the button below and complete your application today!
Ready to Get Started?
Take the first step and Connect with the IYM.